Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baseball is God's way of saying Happy Spring!

I used to detest baseball. To me it brought thoughts of hot, sweaty, boring days. It was a game that just goes on and on. Notice I said used to... I am telling you that a dimpled-face, blue-eyed, blonde-headed boy has the ability to change even the most definite of opinions. Not only am I screaming my head off at 2-3 games per week (when the rain cooperates) but I am watching a diamond shaped field on tv most nights and even some afternoons in place of a nap. The team doesn't even have to be our home team. We certainly don't miss a Ranger's game but I find myself watching any baseball game that might be on. I'm even yelling at remote-happy Johnny, on behalf of Baylor of course, to switch back to the game before the commercials are over because we might miss a good play. I now know what a double play is and have even learned that a grand-slam is actually something more than a breakfast item on the Denny's menu. Children have a way of causing us to see life in a whole different way. To enjoy what they enjoy, to laugh because they laugh and to smile because they smile... Pictured with this blog--Mi Mi & Poppy, Amma & Nanna & Grandma & Grandpa Pitman and Kyle & Diana Pitman... all here to share an event with a little boy who has changed their life

2 comments:

  1. What fun!!! I can relate...never knew, or cared to know a thing about soccer, but you should hear Dan and I screaming our heads off cheering for Meg & her team! We think she's the greatest player that ever lived! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for my childhood best friend, Diana Brewer Pitman. I finally see a pic of her after years of searching. Please ask her to contact Ronda Sloan Kloosterman at rkloost@gmail.com. Thank you for the connection.

    ReplyDelete